Welcome to the friendliest KPOP forum around!
Wanting to join the rest of our awesome community? Feel free to sign up today. We won't bite. Did we mention we are troll-free too?

Group BLACKPINK Official Thread | Kill This Love (2 Viewers)

Who is your BLACKPINK bias?

• Total voters

Nayeon

Staff Member
Reaction score
I feel like YG is smart, with the seungri scandal, they are now instead focusing blackpink internationally, this is evident with how the MV is released, its sad but i would have hoped they will be a hit in korea too, with every comeback blackpink is growing internationally at a huge pace, it seems that the main income for blackpink now comes from international audiences. I hope one day the girls will be large enough for YG to focus most of their efforts on them.

Reaction score
I feel like YG is smart, with the seungri scandal, they are now instead focusing blackpink internationally, this is evident with how the MV is released, its sad but i would have hoped they will be a hit in korea too, with every comeback blackpink is growing internationally at a huge pace, it seems that the main income for blackpink now comes from international audiences. I hope one day the girls will be large enough for YG to focus most of their efforts on them.
I think it was wise to keep Korean expectations low for this CB. Despite BP's popularity with the GP there, the scandal with Seungri has really really taken a turn towards something noone expected. If it was still just the Burning Sun initial stuff, I think BP wouldn't be bothered at all.

I don't think their CB was a "flop" in Korea at all though. Peaked 850K ULs is below D4/Solo but not bad at all. They still in the top 5 or so on the charts as well. Kill this Love is definitely more of a western sounding song than even D4 & their comeback was 2 days after Bol4 dropped a very public friendly bop (they literally sat over 900k ULs most of the week). Then the week after BTS came back and they have the biggest die hard fandom of any kpop group + halsey + interest from the GP for their overseas attention.

pwf/aiyl didn't really get many #1's on the charts either, but they lasted forever so it's not a make or break thing. The new songs are bops live though.

Nayeon

Staff Member
Reaction score
I think it was wise to keep Korean expectations low for this CB. Despite BP's popularity with the GP there, the scandal with Seungri has really really taken a turn towards something noone expected. If it was still just the Burning Sun initial stuff, I think BP wouldn't be bothered at all.

I don't think their CB was a "flop" in Korea at all though. Peaked 850K ULs is below D4/Solo but not bad at all. They still in the top 5 or so on the charts as well. Kill this Love is definitely more of a western sounding song than even D4 & their comeback was 2 days after Bol4 dropped a very public friendly bop (they literally sat over 900k ULs most of the week). Then the week after BTS came back and they have the biggest die hard fandom of any kpop group + halsey + interest from the GP for their overseas attention.

pwf/aiyl didn't really get many #1's on the charts either, but they lasted forever so it's not a make or break thing. The new songs are bops live though.
Yeah, I'm not saying they are flopping, i just know they arent doing better in korea than their past releases cause of the scandal, imagine what they would have achieved without it. Let's hope by next release all is forgotten and the girls will do even better.

BritishLuvie

Seulgi's PR Team
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying their US interviews. I feel that we're learning so much more about the girls through these interviews. And not only that but I feel that they are enjoying a certain of freedom that they wouldn't get from Korean interviews....

I also love how Rosé has taken on and embraced a leadership role in their Western promotions. Its so obvious that she (and Jennie) are making sure that Jisoo, and to some extent Lisa as well, are able to participate in the interviews by encouraging them to speak and helping them when needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)