COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Best Comedy Animes- my recommendations (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Holiday season is approaching, and what is better time to spent time than watch anime. And since it's such jolly season- comedy anime.

This list includes animes whose main genre is comedy so animes that are funny, but still more of action, drama etc. like Mob Psycho 100 won't be included. I tried to include different types of comedies.

1. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun / Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (12 ep)

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun tells about high school girl Sakura who has crush on her classmate Nozaki who happens to be Shoujo manga artist. Due to misunderstanding she ends up being his assistant for the manga he's making. Insert their other goofy classmates who end up helping creating the manga in some ways as well, either finding hidden talents- or simply helping to act out scenes.

Lot of the comedy of Nozaki-kun centers around poking fun at things at popular culture relating to anime&manga, and it's tropes. Other aspect of the anime is romance angle, there is lot of almost couples in the story, but none of them are your normal couple which creates funny situations. I found the anime easy, but very funny watch, I couldn't stop laughing at absurd sheningas happening.

2. Nichijou- My Ordinary Life (26 ep)

Like the title says, the anime is about ordinary life of high school girls. Things that are happening are kinda ordinary- but how they are portrayed is completely absurd. From figuring out how to order coffee in coffee shop to avoiding your crush finding out you have crush on them.. nth is as simple at it sounds. Compined with great and exaggerated animation, Nichijou is simply rly fun to watch.

3. Saint☆Onii-san (movie + 2 OVA)

So.. basically Buddha and Jesus are having vacation so they decide to come on Earth and live as roommates for a while. While to humor in this one might be offensive the some, the overall tone is pretty wholesome. Particularly good for Christmas time, cause there is lot of scenes relating to Christmas.

4. Jinrui wa suitai shimashita / Humanity has Declined (12 ep)

Continuing the weird and absurd realm, but going bit towards dark comedy with this one. Humanity is close to extinction and there is new race of people- fairies. Our main "heroine" has gotten quest to research and try to communicate with these fairies so that humans can figure how to coexist with said fairies.

Despite the fairies topics going bit dark at times, they are mostly rly cute and helpful little humanoids. And don't worry, there isn't rly gore or anything like that. Our main heroine only named "Watashi" aka "I" in the show isn't most heroic character either, but that's alright as her ironic take on thing is funny.

Panty & Stocking (13 ep)

Panty & Stocking's is answer to question: what if japanese animation company tried to do western cartoon? Outcome for this is anime that looks like Powerpuff girls and has humor of South Park. Now, Panty & Stocking is completely outrageous, inappropriate and offensive. Expect nudity, cursing, violence, sexual themes, disgusting stuff, juvenile humor.. I had hard time figuring out what I think of it after watching, I had hard time even figuring if I liked it. But it is very addicting. If you want extra out of that, watch the dub- they went further with the dialogue and curse more.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Reactions Received
KS Coins
oh blood lab is soooooooooo funny

lexus

Pinkchella
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is the best :sj_weary:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Yas i love most of these even if I haven't watched them yet. I've seen a lot of gifs and clips though. I have a personal favorite too.

I can't even with this show
The Disastrous Life of Saiki-K
one of the rare anime that made me literally watch until my eyes stopped working for the day 😂
It's fucking hillarious, the characters are insane, he's such a mood and well... the rest is just laughing all the time.

Reactions Received
Website
wholefull.tumblr.com
KS Coins
the manga of nozaki-kun is excellent as well.
and if you don't mind fanservice shogukei no souma is hilarious.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
the manga of nozaki-kun is excellent as well.
and if you don't mind fanservice shogukei no souma is hilarious.
Shokugeki no Soma is definitely one of few ecchi shows that I find funny ^^

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I loved Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, want to rewatch it now lol
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is the best :sj_weary:
I wonder if they are ever going to continue it.. i probably need to read the manga :jisoosmh: I kinda want to wait, i'd rather watch it in anime form, but idk if it's ever happening : S

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
oh blood lab is soooooooooo funny
Blood lab? Do you mean blood lad, i think i have heard of that one, but not blood lab :dubuthink: haven't seen either one though so i could be wrong xd

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yas i love most of these even if I haven't watched them yet. I've seen a lot of gifs and clips though. I have a personal favorite too.

I can't even with this show
The Disastrous Life of Saiki-K
one of the rare anime that made me literally watch until my eyes stopped working for the day 😂
It's fucking hillarious, the characters are insane, he's such a mood and well... the rest is just laughing all the time.
It's in my watch list, glad to hear it's good. I wonder if it's still in Netflix.. probably.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Blood lab? Do you mean blood lad, i think i have heard of that one, but not blood lab :dubuthink: haven't seen either one though so i could be wrong xd
oh you right i keep calling it blood lab when it blood lad

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
oh you right i keep calling it blood lab when it blood lad
No worries, i was just wondering if there was also Blood Lab. Cause there is rly many animes that have Blood in their name :jisoosmh:

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
No azumanga daioh? I thought that would have made your list. But it's old as the hills now.
So maybe not. I loved the heck out of its offbeat humour and weird references.

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
No azumanga daioh? I thought that would have made your list. But it's old as the hills now.
So maybe not. I loved the heck out of its offbeat humour and weird references.
I have seen it, but I have to admit that I don't remember much. I watched it back in high school ages ago, even remember our japanese teacher showing one episode of it in the class :d

I think it was pretty funny, but I always saw Nichijou as improved version of it. I used to even think they were from same author but apparently not :O The art style and sense of comedy is pretty similar nevertheless.

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I have seen it, but I have to admit that I don't remember much. I watched it back in high school ages ago, even remember our japanese teacher showing one episode of it in the class :d

I think it was pretty funny, but I always saw Nichijou as improved version of it. I used to even think they were from same author but apparently not :O The art style and sense of comedy is pretty similar nevertheless.
Yeah it's really old now and you are right. Nichijou is a lot like it.
I'm glad you watched it anyways.

Everyone should watch it at least once in their lifetime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread