COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Article 13 - Listen up! (1 Viewer)

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
Reactions Received
Website
www.kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Ship
Note : I'm not going to discuss about Article 11 and 12 or any other Article, because Article 13 is way more complicated than stated in this thread already. I'm going to try to give u guys a good POV on Article 13 and the consequences.
I do not intend to hate people who are pro Article 13. Please do not hate these people, rather try to convince them!

So what is Article 13?
Article 13 is a part of a proposed copyright legislation in the EU which intends to protect creative people (or in general : copyright/author's rights). So this European directive seems to be a cool thing?
I mean the intention is good right? It tries to find effective ways for every copyright holder in the world to protect their content. Well, the current proposal has a lot of negative consequences.

So how do they want to solve this?
Any website
- That is 3yo or older
OR
- With more than 5m active users/month
OR
- Revenue of atleast 10M€/y
has to get an "Upload-filter".

So what is an Upload-filter?
Upload-filters will check any content that u upload on a website and are going to block the content immediately, if the filter claims that you are definitely not the owner of the content (or you don't have any rights). The proposed version would eliminate the existing "notice and takedown" system. This would make any mentioned website above liable for any copyright infrigment in uploads from their users. Sounds crazy huh?

-> If you don't want to implement Upload-Filters on your website you have to make a license agreement with every single author of all photos/videos ( or whatever people can upload on your website )and let's just say.. that's impossible.
If anyone would upload a video of a cat that
YOU made and upload it on any website mentioned above and they did not make a license agreement with you, THEY are responsible for the person that uploaded the video. So anything but Upload-Filters wont work.
So as a very hard example :
If Article 13 should ever pass and
KPS should ever become 3yo, they would have to delete the opportunity to upload pictures, because everyone could upload anything they don't own.

short clip for further explanation
This would destroy the internet we know completely.

So, what can you do about it?
I recommend you to reasearch the topic by yourself. Unfortunately, I can not give you all the details in just one thread. Convince yourself. Call the MEPs ( Yes, that is possible! Look up their phone numbers on the website below ).

Where can I get more information?
Home
If you are interested in joining a protest in your country, simply google for it. There are worldwide protests at the 23. March
Berlin / Potsdamer Platz / ab 14 Uhr
Dortmund / Europabrunnen/ ab 14 Uhr
Dresden / Goldener Reiter / ab 14 Uhr
Düsseldorf / Friedrich-Ebert-Straße / ab 13 Uhr
Erfurt / Anger / ab 14:30 Uhr
Frankfurt am Main / Paulsplatz / ab 14 Uhr
Hamburg / Gänsemarkt / ab 13 Uhr
Hannover / Ernst-August-Platz / ab 11 Uhr
Karlsruhe / Stephansplatz / ab 13:30 Uhr
Kiel / Landtag Kiel / ab 13 Uhr
Koblenz / Löhrrondell / ab 13:30 Uhr
Köln / Neumarkt / ab 14 Uhr
Leipzig / ab 14 Uhr
Lüneburg / Am Sande, IHK / ab 11 Uhr
München / Marienplatz / ab 13:30 Uhr
Rostock / Universitätsplatz / ab 12 Uhr
Saarbrücken / Tblisser Platz / Schillerplatz / ab 14 Uhr
Stuttgart / Rotebühlplatz / ab 14 Uhr
Wien (Österreich) / Christian-Broda-Platz / ab 15:30 Uhr
Alle am 23.03

If you need someone to explain this topic to you you can always hmu. Since there is also a lot of speculation ( for example that some of them receive money for voting for this ) and this is not proven (yet), I did not and I'm not going to mention these things

Ill try to update the thread as often as possible if there is new update, if anything should be unclear or if I have some time to add more explanations! Let me also hear ur thoughts about this topic. I know that there are many countries which do not really talk about this in media.

Latest Updates :
{05.03.2019.....................................................................................]
Manfred Weber (head of the EPP, member of the german CSU party) wanted the EU to change the date of the vote from the 26.03 to any date before the 23.03 to avoid all the worldwide demonstrations. After a lot of
spontaneously protests in germany ( organized in less than 12h, with over 4000 people demonstrating in Berlin only! )he rejected this in front of TV moderators and promised not to ask for sth like this. Julia Reda, another german MEP just leaked (06.03) that he still tried to ask for an early vote, but all other parties except the EPP declined the offer.
This means that it is proven that an elected MEP has lied to the whole EU population. Damn boy

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Can't people just host the site in a country where the law doesn't exist?

Or say in a forum the user is responsible for the upload?

That'd be weird

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
Reactions Received
Website
www.kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Ship
Can't people just host the site in a country where the law doesn't exist?

Or say in a forum the user is responsible for the upload?

That'd be weird
Apparently this is not completely discussed yet - but it seems like every website you can visit in the EU has to adapt to this law or somehow cut EU-users off

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Apparently this is not completely discussed yet - but it seems like every website you can visit in the EU has to adapt to this law or somehow cut EU-users off
O i c, i guess in our case that wouldnt be an option...

Unless we put a vpn tutorial for EU users or something, that'd would be a pain anyway...

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
Reactions Received
Website
www.kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Ship
O i c, i guess in our case that wouldnt be an option...

Unless we put a vpn tutorial for EU users or something, that'd would be a pain anyway...
There's no need to be worried about this rn - since around 5m unique users signed a petition ( ranks #1 of all petitions/signed ppl if I'm not mistaken ). I just wanted to make people aware of that problem and the fairly undemocratic decisions the EU is about to make. As stated in the OP, there've also been a lot of lies to the population regarding that topic. If any user here does live in the EU he should participate in one of the protests in almost every single country of the EU at the 23.03

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
There's no need to be worried about this rn - since around 5m unique users signed a petition ( ranks #1 of all petitions/signed ppl if I'm not mistaken ). I just wanted to make people aware of that problem and the fairly undemocratic decisions the EU is about to make. As stated in the OP, there've also been a lot of lies to the population regarding that topic. If any user here does live in the EU he should participate in one of the protests in almost every single country of the EU at the 23.03
oh yes, it should be awesome if most people there did that

Its something that could affect the whole world

Sana

#1 Sana Stan
Reactions Received
Website
www.kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Ship
Just a short thing I have to say :
So after they (CDU) called all the people who were against article 13 "Bots" and all those protest were organized, they've accused them of being bought by google and other companies.
Wow well played, CDU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread