COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Analyzing Woozi ballads (1 Viewer)

maruberry

I offer free hugs
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Woozi's ballads have a very distinct sound and form to them.
They don't ALL have ALL of these characteristics, but these are the general things I've noted of.

1. Splitting words into different phrases. He will leave 1 half of a word in one phrase DEEP BREATH other half of the world in another phrase. That makes the flow sound a lot more continuous and leads one phrase into another.

2. DEEEEEEP Breaths. In a Woozi Ballad, you will hear them breathing. Not just breathing, but the ends of phrases will sound like the singer is sighing.

3. Verse - pre-chorus - chorus - pre-chorus - chorus - bridge - chorus. A lot of Woozi ballads only have like 1 Verse part. Most notably Hug and What Kind of a Future.

4. Sung very simply. No fancy singing. No runs. Sung just like talking.

5. Very little long notes if at all.

6. They sound almost wavy? Like the rythm and tone and overall. It will be soft soft harder softer soft soft harder softer soft soft. I don't know how else to explain it.... They are just... waby...

I hope you all learnt something about Woozi ballads here. They are amazing, go check 'em out!

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
If you wanted someone who's not familiar with Kpop to listen to a Woozi ballad, which song would you pick?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread