COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

A GG stan reviews BGs: MONSTA X (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
If you want me to check on your favorite BG go to the Main Thread
If you want to check other reviews: ASTRO
Suggested by @Vikki

Welp, as first impresion, they do tough stuff.:BREAD:
This trend of the loudest/ intrincate instrumental = Hardest Rap, it's really difficult to carry on. In this case, it actually takes the spotlight out of the rap line which is suppossed to be the strongest. It is an entertaining song but it doesn't get anywhere. 5/10

1- Dramarama: A solid track. Some of the verses lacked impact for me but it works overall. 7/10
2- Now or never: Welp it worked. LOL! Very interesting instrumental, with a lot of elements but this time, everything was well balanced. The rap verses are on point as well as the vocals. 8/10
3- In time: They got to my soft spot. I wish I could relate more to what they're are singing, that's the only thing this song is missing. 7/10
4- From Zero: Great song but the end is kinda abrupt. 8.5/10
5- X: Again, great balance of all the elements. Whoever that added those plates to the instrumental, knew what it was doing.:sj_weary: 9/10
6- Tropical night:
9.5/10
7- Deja Vu: Nothing surprising or outstanding but it's a good way to close the album 7/10

OVERALL: I see great potential here. As a hip hop based group, their rap line is really strong. I can't tell how many members are rapping but I did notice someone that has Ikons's Bobby agressiveness and Takeoff's flow (You know, the more talented Migo) a explosive thing indeed. I'll definitely keep an eye on them.
The album is a solid 8.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
No one likes Trespass :yolk:
Just kidding, I agree to an extent about the instrumental though its still a super catchy song to me.
I agree with all the songs in the album too except Dramarama which I really just dont like lol.
And the rapper youre talking about is probably Jooheon, there are 2 rappers in the group and hes the one who people usually notice because of his aggressiveness.
Tropical Night also has a cute self cam mv too if youre into stuff like that, which is a blessing because that song is a bop. :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
No one likes Trespass :yolk:
Just kidding, I agree to an extent about the instrumental though its still a super catchy song to me.
I agree with all the songs in the album too except Dramarama which I really just dont like lol.
And the rapper youre talking about is probably Jooheon, there are 2 rappers in the group and hes the one who people usually notice because of his aggressiveness.
Tropical Night also has a cute self cam mv too if youre into stuff like that, which is a blessing because that song is a bop.
:sanapray:
He's very talented.:llama_lovely:
I'll check the MV and some lyric videos. Thanks for the suggestion.
:pepeheart::pepeheart:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I'm going to be so triggered after reading this i already know it :zoomeyes::zoomeyes::zoomeyes:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
If you want me to check on your favorite BG go to the Main Thread
If you want to check other reviews: ASTRO
Suggested by @Vikki

Welp, as first impresion, they do tough stuff.:BREAD:
This trend of the loudest/ intrincate instrumental = Hardest Rap, it's really difficult to carry on. In this case, it actually takes the spotlight out of the rap line which is suppossed to be the strongest. It is an entertaining song but it doesn't get anywhere. 5/10

1- Dramarama: A solid track. Some of the verses lacked impact for me but it works overall. 7/10
2- Now or never: Welp it worked. LOL! Very interesting instrumental, with a lot of elements but this time, everything was well balanced. The rap verses are on point as well as the vocals. 8/10
3- In time: They got to my soft spot. I wish I could relate more to what they're are singing, that's the only thing this song is missing. 7/10
4- From Zero: Great song but the end is kinda abrupt. 8.5/10
5- X: Again, great balance of all the elements. Whoever that added those plates to the instrumental, knew what it was doing.:sj_weary: 9/10
6- Tropical night:
9.5/10
7- Deja Vu: Nothing surprising or outstanding but it's a good way to close the album 7/10

OVERALL: I see great potential here. As a hip hop based group, their rap line is really strong. I can't tell how many members are rapping but I did notice someone that has Ikons's Bobby agressiveness and Takeoff's flow (You know, the more talented Migo) a explosive thing indeed. I'll definitely keep an eye on them.
The album is a solid 8.
THE MORE TALENTED MIGO LMAO I NEED TO PIN THIS AROUND THE WHOLE INTERNET!

You actually didn't trigger me that much actually, i'm glad you actually mostly like it, even tho your 2 favorite songs are my 2 least favorite songs of that album (except Deja Vu... nobody likes Deja Vu... that was just so they could name their next album with it)
And yea Trespass is really... the real low quality title they have had... not counting Newton so i understand people not liking it, i liked it after my like 10th listen i think...
Glad you liked the album tho, satisfied with your opinions lol

I'll just guess the rapper you mean is Jooheon since he's the aggressive one, only 2 rap just btw

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

You actually didn't trigger me that much actually, i'm glad you actually mostly like it, even tho your 2 favorite songs are my 2 least favorite songs of that album (except Deja Vu... nobody likes Deja Vu... that was just so they could name their next album with it)
And yea Trespass is really... the real low quality title they have had... not counting Newton so i understand people not liking it, i liked it after my like 10th listen i think...

I'll just guess the rapper you mean is Jooheon since he's the aggressive one, only 2 rap just btw
I like Deja Vu :zoomeyes:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
I like Deja Vu :zoomeyes:
It's so forgetable... it's not even bad it's just... there... as she said in the review... i don't dislike it but otherwise i wouldn't know it existed

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It's so forgetable... it's not even bad it's just... there... as she said in the review... i don't dislike it but otherwise i wouldn't know it existed
Its not incredible but its in the top 50% of this album imo :chickill:

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi-king
Ship
Its not incredible but its in the top 50% of this album imo :chickill:
If From Zero and Now or Never aren't in that top 50% i will throw my sister at you:chickill:

Reactions Received
KS Coins

I'm glad you liked my review, I really enjoyed the album.
Takeoff is the best out of the three and that's a fact.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread